Tuesday, December 14, 2010

hip week

It's hip week! (like shark week...but not really) anyways, this Friday (December 17th) is my one year anniversary of my left hip arthroscopy, so this week all posts will be arthroscopy related. But first here's a little about hip day. Hip day started two years ago on the one year mark after my left hip open dislocation surgery. I'm not entirely sure why we picked that surgery to celebrate. Maybe because it was the hardest for me (there was a complication that landed me back in the hospital, which is another story for another time) or maybe because it was summer and summer is convenient for celebrating. So now for the past two years on July 30th we've celebrated, nothing big or fancy. Sometimes it's having a nice dinner or watching a movie. We don't celebrate all my surgeries but this sort of sums up our whole crazy journey in one day and gives us something positive associated with this crazy thing. This Friday will be bittersweet for me. I made it through a year but I spent 1/2 of it on crutches and now I'm in the exact same position waiting nervously as the doctors decide if I need yet another surgery. But these days are a time to look back on everything you've been through both good and bad. And if there are no good things, there is always cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment