Sunday, December 19, 2010

hip news

Here's a quick update of what's going on with my hips. We saw my arthroscopy surgeon on Thursday and I had  an ultrasound and a steroid injection on my psoas tendon. (The psoas, think so-as, runs right along the groin) The good news is that my pain is most likely not related to the labrum. (yay!) The bad news is that I still have quite a bit of pain, both on the side of my hip and deep in the groin. The plan is to start a new experimental physical therapy program in an attempt to "restart" my psoas. If this doesn't work, we're looking at a psoas tendon and iliotibial and release surgery. None of us want to do another surgery but we're ready to do what needs to be done. I'll have more posts about arthroscopic surgery this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment