Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The night before hip surgery 7/25/11

* This is the first part of a series of posts written (almost) everyday for the first few weeks while recovering from a hip arthroscopy. Hope you like it! *

Since we live about 80 miles away from the hospital where I have my surgeries, my family and I decided to spend the night before my surgery at the hospital's family housing complex. This was a complete godsend to us as my pre-op appointment was at 10:30 the next morning and we would have battled nasty morning rush hour. To help get rid of pre op jitters we went to a fun dinner and headed back to our room for some pre-surgery preparation...

chocolate milk, cookies and trashy magazines? yes.
Since you can't eat after midnight before surgery why not have your last meal be milk and cookies? We also borrowed the movie The Incredibles ( I know it's a kids movie, but it's pretty fantastic). Plus it turns out I have more in common with elasta girl than I might have thought...more on that coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment