Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hi everyone!

Hello! I'm Katherine (but everyone calls me Ty) and I'm 16 and a Junior in high school, and this is my new little blog about having hip surgery. I hope to give good information about having the surgery for patients and families and also just to provide my thoughts and musings about living with FAI. Some posts may be geared more towards teens having hip surgery while others will be more for anybody at all :)I have bilateral FAI (hip impingement), which is, in a nutshell, a bone defect that that causes too much bone on the hip joint. This is usually seen as a "bump" on the top of the femur (cam impingement) or bone overhang on the "cup" (aka acetabulum) which is called pincer impingement. I happen to have both types! I have had four surgeries (2 open hip dislocations one hardware removal and one combo arthoscopy (hipscope) and hardware removal. In case you were wondering I did have a sort-of blog over at http://www.thetyteam.weebly.com/ (our fundraising page for Boston children's hospital) and I will still use that for major medical updates and fundraising news but this blog will be much more geared towards "hippies".
P.S. please say hi in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment