Wednesday, February 2, 2011

my story

It's been a while since I wrote a post about what's going on with my hips, so here it is!  I believe I last wrote that I was going to start a physical therapy program to "restart" my poor psoas muscle. I have been having groin pain since August and despite steroid injections it kept getting worse. After starting a PT program for my psoas, which was believed to be the source of my pain, my pain continued to get worse. We decided to switch to massage which didn't help either. Right now I'm going to PT twice a week for treatment with Graston tools to hopefully break up my scar tissue. I can't say that it's helping but it does leave me pretty sore...and black and blue! We're in contact with my surgeons and we're trying to decide what The Next Step should be. It's looking like another arthroscopy to make sure my labrum isn't torn...oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment