Saturday, January 8, 2011

IT band rolling


The iliotibial band or ITB runs from past your greater trochanter (the bump you feel on the side of your hip) all the way down to the side of your knee. Foam rolling is a great way "massage" the IT band if it's tight, snapping or painful. Though it's quite painful at first foam rolling is a great way to get some relief ( if your doctor and physical therapist give you the ok first!) I've attempted foam rolling many times and each time I end up in a twisted heap on the floor because my arms couldn't support my weight on the roller. Because I have been having IT band problems lately my surgeon suggested a rolling pin. brilliant. Even though I might an IT band release surgery in the future this provides some relief! It's much easier to have someone else do it for you, just tell them how much pressure to use.
P.S. tell me if you like these videos, I can do more physical therapy videos if you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment