Tuesday, January 25, 2011

ice is nice

Maybe it's the weather outside or maybe it's because I've been having more pain lately...who knows, but ice seemed like a good topic for today.
In my opinion ice is great for hip pain and really great for post-op hip pain. Lots of people swear by the  Game Ready ice machine. It plugs into the wall and requires no pumping and allows you to adjust the temperature. pretty nifty. After my arthroscopy I was sent home with a low tech version of the game ready. You fill the cooler with water and ice cubes and squeeze the bulb to get ice water to flow into the the pad which is strapped to your hip. Pretty good relief for being very low tech! I also have a big therapeutic gel ice pack that I bought from a physical therapy place. It's very helpful but not as good as a machine for post op when you need around the clock ice. ( they can be a bit pricey and a bag of frozen peas does the job too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment